Almost everyone above the age of twelve has probably said that “this is the year I lose weight!” And then repeated it the next year, the next year, the next year. It’s a little passé. Even if you start with the best intentions, little things sneak up and it’s suddenly April, with no progress made– or even a few extra pounds.
The definition of insanity is supposed to be doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. So why would you have the same resolution, every year, and expect to suddenly achieve it without changing a thing.
I challenge you to leave weight loss off your list this year. Here are a few suggestions, in all different categories:
This year, I will:
1. Start doing yoga every day.
2. Start running every week.
3. Go vegan!
4. Drink a gallon of water every day.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep every night.
6. Eat 5 servings of veggies and fruits every day.
7. Stop eating processed foods.
8. Start eating mindfully.
9. Let go of “food guilt”.
10. Listen to my body.
11. Go to religious services every week.
12. Pray every morning.
13. Do one extra kind act every day.
14. Meditate every day.
15. See a therapist.
16. Stop buying things I don’t need.
17. Stop buying things with plastic packaging.
18. Get rid of unworn clothing.
19. Get rid of unused items.
20. Clean up every day.
21. Organize my closet.
22. Organize my pantry.
23. Clean the garage.
24. Put money away into savings.
25. Play an instrument every week.
26. Start studying a foreign language.
27. Take new classes.
28. Read 12 books.
29. Write a book.
30. Love myself.
Let’s make 2019 a little brighter for everyone. Happy Holidays!
Header image by rawpixel on Unsplash